Sunday, April 17, 2016

Therapy??

Therapy is a foreign concept for some, and for others it can be a saving grace.

What do you think of when you hear the word, "therapy"? Do you think of a cold room? A couch? Ink images where you say what first comes to mind? A man or woman sitting behind a legal pad with their glasses at the tip of their nose, asking the occasional, "and how does that make you feel?"?

If so, you're probably at the same level as most Americans, who don't really understand the concept behind therapy and how much it can actually help someone.

I've written semi-personal pieces on this blog. And this one will probably be another one, but it's not as difficult for me to talk about as some other topics.

I go to a psychiatrist. I think a lot of teenagers probably do, they're just scared to admit it. It helps a lot actually. It's hard for me to talk about what's upsetting me, most of the time. Then other times it all rambles out and I can't stop talking, but that's not good either.

I tried therapy before and it never really helped. But this time I'm talking to a man, I'm not sure if that's why it's easier but it does help. It might also be because I just need it more, either way, it's helping.

This blog post isn't just about me though, it's about people that knowingly, or unknowingly make light of therapy. Most people probably don't know that they're making fun of it.

"I need therapy, I'm going crazy." or "I need therapy, I'm stressed." I'm not saying therapy is the same for everyone, but it's certainly usually more than a one time deal. I go once every other week. You may go once and feel better, but either way. It's not something to make light of.

Therapy is serious and can be the only thing keeping a person afloat. They don't get asked how various scenarios make them feel, or if they're happy or sad. They get asked questions, about them, about how they think, and about the people in their life.

Keep this in mind the next time someone tells you they've just been or they're going to therapy.

stay peaceful (and considerate)!!

1 comment:

  1. When someone writes an article he/she keeps the thought of a user in his/her brain that how a user can be aware of it. Therefore that’s why this post is outstanding.Thanks!

    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete